(13 September 2017): LDC Watch, the umbrella group representing NGOs from Least Developed Countries, is holding a working session on ‘Inclusive Global Trade System In The Face of Changing Trade Landscape’ at the WTO Public Forum. It is ‘Working Session 6, on Tuesday, 26 September, 11.30–13.00 in Room D, at the WTO Building, Geneva
The theme of the Public Forum 17, which takes place between 26-28 September is ‘Trade Behind the Headlines’ on how to make trade work for more people and ensure that the trading system is as inclusive as possible.
This is obviously a major topic for Least Developed Countries, which are relying on trade to help them increase their GNI and move out of the LDC category. The session aims to establish a stronger partnership between LDCs and all stakeholders including civil society, in order to achieve the targets for a fair trade system for LDCs, and putting more emphasis on how civil society initiatives can strengthen regional and South-South trade.
The following people will speak at LDC Watch’s session:
- Mr. Gauri Pradhan, International Coordinator, LDC Watch, a former Human Rights Commissioner in Nepal.
- Dr. Bernard Founou-Tchuigoua, Director of the Research Department of Third World Forum, Senegal. He is an economist and author.
- Mr. Demba Moussa Dembele, LDC Watch President, and President, Africaine de Recherche et de Cooperation pour l’Appui au Development Endogene (arcade).
- Mr. Ratnakar Adhikari, Executive Director, Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF). He has previously worked for UNDP, and the Asia Pacific Regional Centre.
- Moderator: Ms. Daphne Davies, Managing Editor, LDC News Service. She is a freelance journalist and development consultant.
Time and Date: Tuesday, 26 September, 11.30–13.00,
Place: Room D, at the WTO Building, Centre William Rappard, Rue de Lausanne, 154,1211 Genève 2
We regret that only those registered for the Public forum 17 are permitted to enter the building.
For more information about the Public Forum: