- Advocacy, lobbying, campaigning and networking in the LDCs and development partner countries with active engagement during strategic international events such as the World Social Forum (WSF); Common Wealth People’s Forum (CPF); United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD); UN Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC); G8 Summit and other international and regional processes.
- Critical engagement and meetings with representatives of the UN, LDC governments, development partner governments and agencies, relevant multi-lateral institutions, political parties including parliamentarians, media and civil society on LDC-related issues and concerns.
- Organisation of awareness-raising and capacity-building activities for CSOs, and multi-stakeholder consultations in the LDCs aiming to assess the implementation of the IPoA and other IADGs in national development contexts and processes.
- Organisation of regional and global multi-stakeholder consultations aiming to develop enhanced LDC-oriented global development processes, specifically the BPoA, by promoting a pro-poor development agenda in favour of the vulnerable and marginalised in the LDCs.
- Organisation of parliamentary hearings on the issues and concerns of the LDCs both with national governments as well as development partner governments.
- Research on pro-poor agenda with regard to the key issues of debt; trade; food sovereignty; livelihoods; governance; aid and gender justice towards the realisation of poverty reduction, human rights and sustainable development in the LDCs.
- Production of reports on the implementation of the BPoA providing a critical civil society perspective with an alternative view to the official processes that often overlook and undermine the dynamics at the grassroots.
AnnouncementsView All »
SAVE-THE-DATES: CSO Forum at LDC5, 22-27 January 2022, Doha, Qatar
The Fifth United Nations Conference on the Least Developed Countries (LDC5) will take place in Doha, Qatar, from 23 to 27 January 2022, at the level of Heads...
UNOHRLLS is organising a Voices of a Brighter Future journalists competition to bring local sustainable energy stories from least developed countries to a global audience.
The competition is looking for inspiring stories on how sustainable ...
(13 September 2017): LDC Watch, the umbrella group representing NGOs from Least Developed Countries, is holding a working session on ‘Inclusive Global Trade System In The Face of Changing Trade Landscape’ at the WTO Public Forum. It is ‘Work...
LDC Watch is implementing the project, 'Strengthening LDC Civil Society Voice in the context of IPoA for 2011 - 2020, funded by Bread for the World. We are seeking services of a competent Evaluator/Evaluation Agency to conduct an evaluation of the...
On behalf of the Board and the International Secretariat of LDC Watch, I am pleased to welcome Mr. Gauri Pradhan as its International Coordinator. Mr. Pradhan is a human rights defender and development activist, who has served as a member of Nepal...